Dedicated Server hosted on the same machine as client

Get assistance with hosting your own Conan Exiles server here.
CappyT

Dedicated Server hosted on the same machine as client

Postby CappyT » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Is it possible for your server to run on the same machine you are running your client? I created a server and all my friends can join and play but I am unable to join it or any other server while mine is running. I'm assuming it has something to do with conflicting ports or IP's. However, I am a big noob regarding this type of critical thinking... Anyone know of a possible fix in layman's terms preferably..? Thanks
0 x

DrunkMunki

Re: Dedicated Server hosted on the same machine as client

Postby DrunkMunki » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:56 am

From my understanding you need to specify the local server ip as a MultiHome in the start command

start "C:\conanserver\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?Multihome=192.168.1.1?GameServerPort=27015?GameServerQueryPort=27016?MaxPlayers=20?listen?AdminPassword=YOURADMINPASSWORD" -nosteamclient -game -server -log
0 x

CappyT

Postby CappyT » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:56 pm

Yes I had the MULTIHOME= added and couldn't get it to work still.. However, I managed to fix it by removing a line break I accidentally included.. But now my server says "invalid server" so I am still unable to join.. Any ideas on how to make it not invalid?
0 x

SwaggMan04

Postby SwaggMan04 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:49 pm

After adding the multihome to my server, i am able to connect via steam view server list under lan.

Hoping they add Lan selection to Server filter in game.
0 x

Return to “Server Hosting Help”