Character doesn't save

Get assistance with hosting your own Conan Exiles server here.
Zhurgan

Character doesn't save

Postby Zhurgan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:28 am

I am new to this stuff, but followed the guide posted on Steam by Funcom for setting up a dedicated server, just on the same machine as the game client is installed on. I did this as I currently have no internet at home (newly constructed home, and only local provider is taking their time), so brought my laptop to work and used the work wi-fi to d/l game and steamcmd file. I have no issues getting into the game with my server, my issue is every time I turn the game off and back on, I have to create a new character. It doesn't save my progress. I tried creating a character, ran him up to the edge of the oasis, put down a bed and updated spawn point, then closed to the main menu. When I logged back in, my character respawned right where I left him, so it is only when I close the game client completely (even when the server is left running). Any idea where I should start looking to fix this issue?
0 x

emraith

Re: Character doesn't save

Postby emraith » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:54 pm

You said that you downloaded the game and steamcmd file. So I'm confused, are you running a dedicated server? That's all the steamcmd is needed for, if you just want to play local you should just be able to hit single player/coop from the main menu
0 x

Zhurgan

Postby Zhurgan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:19 am

Yes, I am running a dedicated server on the same machine as the game client. I didn't have internet at my house, so it was the only way I could play. Since posting that I fixed the issue. I had set an admin password on the server, but had not set up the server start batch file to log me in. I figured it out when I tried to redo my server setup using Zombie's "Dedicated Server Setup for Idiots" guide. So all is well now, even have my internet installed, but still prefer to use my private server.
0 x

dr1zzt05

Postby dr1zzt05 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:35 pm

So how did you fix it? I cant seem to get mine to save,part of the problem is most websites all have different instructions on how to set up dedicated servers, one says to put this in the bat one says to put that in the bat
0 x

Return to “Server Hosting Help”