Multiple server on same IP and Machine

Get assistance with hosting your own Conan Exiles server here.
pwars

Multiple server on same IP and Machine

Postby pwars » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:17 am

Hi guys,

I´m having some issues to setup 2 servers on the same machine and after looking for 2 days and expending almost the whole day trying to figure it out reading other posts, I decided to ask here.

Does any of you know how to set multiple server on the same machine? It seems impossible to me to have then running well, showing in the Steam list and players being able to join them.

I´m currently using this command line (same for both servers):

start "" "ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?listen?MaxPlayers=70?Multihome=xx.xx.xx.xx?" -log

Then in the Engine.ini I´m using the following settings:

Server1:
[URL]
Port=27020

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
ServerName=TEST 1
GameServerPort=27015
GameServerQueryPort=27016

Server2:
[URL]
Port=27021

[OnlineSubsystemSteam]
ServerName=TEST 2
GameServerPort=27025
GameServerQueryPort=27026

I also tried removing all this commands from here and setting Port= and QueryPort= straight in the command line. Also having issues.

I would really apreciate some help in this matter cause I´m truly desperate to find the way.

Thanks in advance,

pwars
0 x

pwars

Re: Multiple server on same IP and Machine

Postby pwars » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 am

Hi,

I finally got it working so I will leave the explanation here in case someone else comes to this post asking the same question.

If you want to open 1 server only and you don´t want any special IP, the best idea is to not specify any ports, so your commandline would look like this:

start "" "ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?listen?MaxPlayers=70" -log

If you want to choose an IP your commandline should look like this:

start "" "ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?listen?MultiHome=X.X.X.X?MaxPlayers=70" -log

If you want to run more than 1 server on the same machine, your commandlines should look like this:

Server1:
start "" "ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?listen?MultiHome=X.X.X.X?MaxPlayers=70?Port=27015?QueryPort=27017" -log

Server2:
start "" "ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?listen?MultiHome=X.X.X.X?MaxPlayers=70?Port=27025?QueryPort=27027" -log

Notice that I leave 1 port in between Port and QueryPort, that´s because the game will open that port too, I´m not sure what it used for, but its just how it is.

I´m not writting any special stuff in the Engine.ini file, only the server name.

If you have any questions about it, or you found another way to make this work, don´t hesitate to write here.

Regards,

PWARS
0 x

Zarken

Postby Zarken » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Your a legend for answering your own post mate ;)
0 x

Zarken

Postby Zarken » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:55 pm

Doesn't work for me though, keeps IP as 7777
0 x

Return to “Server Hosting Help”