moving server files

Get assistance with hosting your own Conan Exiles server here.
burncycle3008

moving server files

Postby burncycle3008 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:41 am

So I started a coop server on my laptop to see how much I enjoyed the game and got pretty involved in it. I'm in the process of making a dedicated server on my server desktop and would like to know how to migrate a coop server to a dedicated server. Thanks!
0 x

emraith

Re: moving server files

Postby emraith » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:10 pm

burncycle3008 wrote:So I started a coop server on my laptop to see how much I enjoyed the game and got pretty involved in it. I'm in the process of making a dedicated server on my server desktop and would like to know how to migrate a coop server to a dedicated server. Thanks!

My guess would be copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved and dump it into your folder that is copied with steamcmd, like C:\ConanExiles\ConanSandbox\Saved . Not sure if that would work as just a straight copy, but the file structure looks similar enough that it may work. The only difference I see is on the game client the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor is called C:\ConanExiles\ConanSandbox\Saved\Config\WindowsServer on the dedicated server. There are the same number of .ini files on both, 13, but the contents are different, so you may have to play around with those to see if it will work... Good luck!
0 x

Zhurgan

Re: moving server files

Postby Zhurgan » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:27 am

Good luck with trying to copy the server to another computer, and keep us posted as to your progress with it. I am currently running a dedicated server for my private use on my laptop, but my girlfriend and a few friends have expressed interest in playing recently. Thinking of setting up a server on a different machine that I can leave running 24/7 for us to use. Would love to keep my current character's progress.
0 x

Return to “Server Hosting Help”