[UNOFFICIAL] How to Create, Host and Join your own local Server!

Get assistance with hosting your own Conan Exiles server here.
deddiserver

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] How to Create, Host and Join your own local Server!

Postby deddiserver » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:47 pm

sojurne wrote:Hey all Got a Server up and running but also wanted to let you all know about a little something that I found that can help out in understanding things im sure ..

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/440900/manuals/ConanExiles_TechManual.pdf?t=1485874103

It is the Conan Exiles Technical Manual in setting up a server and what the settings are and such ..

hope you all find it useful. !!

thanks
Sojurne :ugeek:

May I ask how your startserver.bat or equivalent file looks like?
0 x

sezing

Postby sezing » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:18 pm

How can we change the port 7777 ?

How can i enable BattlEye ?

thanks.
0 x

Pudsley

Postby Pudsley » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:22 pm

**POTENTIAL FIX FOR THOSE HOSTING DEDICATED SERVERS AND THEIR GAME CLIENT ON THE SAME MACHINE NOT SEEING ANY SERVERS AT ALL***

Seemed to have gotten past this issue of not being able to see any servers whilst my dedicated server was running on the same machine.

I needed to add my local IP to the Multihome entre in my serverstart.bat file....contents are below with password/name changes of course.

***If you use the below you WILL need to change the server path to match your own as well as the Server name and password and IP address.***

start "" /NORMAL "F:\SteamCMD\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles Dedicated Server\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe" "ConanSandbox?Multihome=192.168.1.10?GameServerPort=27015?GameServerQueryPort=27016?ServerName=YOURSERVERNAMEHERE?MaxPlayers=20?listen?AdminPassword=SERVERPASSWORDHERE" -nosteamclient -game -server -log

The bit in bold was the issue, that needs to be your local IP address, it was set to x.x.x.x and for some reason i could not get any servers to show up whilst it was like that.

Now, when I changed that my server did not show up although others did for a change, restarted it and it did show up along with all the others the second time.

So after altering my server batch file I have to go through the following process.

Exit Steam Client completely (to avoid DLL errors when starting server).
Run Serverstart.bat file (or your equivalent)
Once started open Steam
Run Conan Exiles, set to unoffical and ALL
filter for your server name
If you cant find the server repeat the above startup process and hopefully it will work (as it did for me).

***POTENTIAL FIX FOR BLACK SCREEN WHEN CONNECTING TO SERVER***

If you get a black screen whilst connecting try updating your Nvidia drivers, seemed to work for both a friend and I.
Last edited by Pudsley on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

stellyuk

Postby stellyuk » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Hey,

Are you getting any yellow or red text about missing assets?

Stelly
0 x

sojurne

Postby sojurne » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:27 pm

deddiserver wrote:
sojurne wrote:Hey all Got a Server up and running but also wanted to let you all know about a little something that I found that can help out in understanding things im sure ..

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/440900/manuals/ConanExiles_TechManual.pdf?t=1485874103

It is the Conan Exiles Technical Manual in setting up a server and what the settings are and such ..

hope you all find it useful. !!

thanks
Sojurne :ugeek:

May I ask how your startserver.bat or equivalent file looks like?

Code: Select all

start "" /NORMAL "D:\steamcmd\conanexileserver\ConanSandboxServer.exe" "ConanSandbox?Multihome=myip?GameServerPort=27015?GameServerQueryPort=27016?ServerName=xxxx?MaxPlayers=20?listen?AdminPassword=xxxxx?ServerPassword=serverpassword here" -game -server -log

Thats what i have in my lauchserver.bat
Last edited by sojurne on Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Pudsley

Postby Pudsley » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:28 pm

stellyuk wrote:Hey,

Stelly

I am but it does not seem to stop the server running, people can still connect and play on it.
0 x

stellyuk

Postby stellyuk » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:32 pm

Pudsley wrote:

Stelly

I am but it does not seem to stop the server running, people can still connect and play on it.

I'm also getting no external profilers? Does your server display in the unoffical list?

Stelly
0 x

Pudsley

Postby Pudsley » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm

stellyuk wrote:
Pudsley wrote:

Stelly

I'm also getting no external profilers? Does your server display in the unoffical list?

Stelly

I get the "No external profilers were discovered. External profiling features will not be available" on the server but it does not affect the server showing up or anyone connecting to it and playing.
0 x

sojurne

Postby sojurne » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 pm

There was an update earlier today before that i was able to run the server and then get into it with no problem now when I run it I cannot get into the game just takes me to the main menu when i connect ... if i select play online and pve wait for the server list to load my server is not there either .... wonder what is going on now :(
0 x

DraksTOP

Postby DraksTOP » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:48 pm

fuzzyfreak wrote:How do we access the admin tools? I see no where to input the password.

I found it but it fails to accept my password.

Cant figure it out. Please give me this solution too :p
0 x

Return to “Server Hosting Help”